An immediate denture may be the best solution when complete extractions of your remaining teeth is unavoidable. An immediate denture will allow you to avoid the embarrassment and hardship of living without teeth. We will begin the preparation for this procedure before your teeth are extracted.
The first step is taking impressions of your existing teeth and gums to create dental models so that the lab can fabricate the immediate denture(s) for placement after tooth removal. At your extraction appointment, your immediate dentures are inserted creating a natural smile you can be proud of.
Is Your Smile Missing Teeth?
- Call Carney Family Dentistry Phone Number 601-992-3351 to schedule your consultation with Carney Family Dentistry.
- Patient Registration.
- Get Driving Directions.
What you should know about immediate dentures
In most cases, we have no way of checking the fit of the denture in your mouth prior to the extraction appointment. Esthetic compromises may have to be made is some cases to compensate for inadequate space or structural concerns. It is important to understand that after the extractions are completed and the immediate dentures are placed, your gums and oral tissues will shrink over the next 3-4 months and the dentures will become loose and will require a reline or remake of the dentures.
Great care should be taken to follow all postoperative instructions. Your gums and bone will recede after extraction, and regular check-ups and maintenance will monitor healing and reduce problems. Temporary linings or tissue conditioners can be required to create an optimal fit and may need to be adjusted or replaced a number of times during the healing period. A permanent denture reline or a new set of complete dentures will likely be required to ensure a comfortable and an exact fit after you have completed the healing process.
- The professionals at Carney Family Dentistry will advise you of the procedure that best suits your individual needs.
- Temporary denture liners, tissue conditioner and relines are additional services that may have separate fees.
- Consult our practice with questions about the benefits of an immediate denture.
- Call today for a Denture Consultation Carney Family Dentistry Phone Number 601-992-3351.